1. Problem skin: acne, post acne, comedones
2. Oily skin with enlarged pores
3. Hyperpigmentation (pigment spots), keratosis
4. Poor skin tone, inelasticity 5. Age-related skin changes
6. Photographic aging – excessive exposure to ultraviolet rays
7. The presence of scars, stretch marks (striae)
8. Ingrown hair
9. Thickening of the stratum corneum, making it uneven
10. Dull skin color
11. Preparatory stage before more serious and deep cosmetology procedures
The word “peeling” comes from the English “peel” – “cleanse,” “peel off.” This is actually a process of removing dead skin cells (upper layers of the skin) in order to improve its appearance and general condition.
Types of peeling.
1. By the method of exposure to the skin: mechanical, physical, chemical.
The whole procedure takes from 10 to 30 minutes.
After selecting a kind of peeling by doctor, the patient lies on the cosmetology chair. Next, the selected skin area (it can be not only face, but also neck, neckline) is applied with either a chemical solution (peeling), or hardware or mechanical peeling is performed.
During the procedure, the patient may experience discomfort in the area of application in the form of burning. The severity of the sensations depends on the type of acid used and the form of the cosmetic preparation (gel, solution, cream, or mask). Acid, getting on the skin, interacts with the superficial nerve endings, causing a burning sensation.
Nowadays, there are peelings with the addition of blockers of such a reaction (strontium), which allows you to reduce pain and minimize the inflammatory reaction. After any chemical peeling, the appearance of scaling and redness usually appears. Redness of the skin is always accompanied by peeling and it lasts from 20 minutes to 24 hours. The second effect of peeling is skin sloughing.
During superficial peelings, edemas are usually absent, but during median peelings, they are expected reactions.
The duration of the recovery period after peelings is 3-7 days with surface peeling, 5-14 days with median.
Absolute contraindications for the procedure
Oily skin – every 15-30 days, combining with therapeutic care, until the skin is completely regenerated
Normal skin – every 2-3 months
Dry skin – every 3-6 months
Number of procedures may be changed according to patient’s problem.